- Keep yer furnace ship shape. Have th' ol' heatin' contraption eyeballed by a qualified contractor mate. Toss th' filter overboard e'en ev'ry month so ye not be wastin' energy.
- Plug leaks 'round yer windows and portholes. Keelhaul wintry winds by fortifyin' with caulk 'n' weatherstrippin'.
- Keep yer quarters' thermostat at 60 degrees when catchin' your winks or leavin' port. Higher when yer up 'n' about.
- Be takin' advantage of th' sun be shinin' by openin' yer drapes, blinds, shades and such, me hearties. Like findin' buried treasure it 'tis.
- Navigate by Energy Star when ye need new windows or energy-efficient appliances, say fer keepin' yer grog cold.
- Avast the Focus on Energy site of web for ye Wisconsin landlubbers to be savin' more doubloons as ye batten down yer hatches.
Aaarr... lookin' fer more tips are ye? Try here:
101 Energy-Saving Tips